Bradbury House Vacancies
Bradbury House Vacancies
Join Our Team
Support Worker / Team Leader / Deputy Manager
Based at Wells / Bristol / Somerset / Weston–Super-Mare
We are at the forefront of supported living, and this is an exciting time to join Bradbury House!
Are you a caring, flexible, person-centred, committed individual who would like an exciting career in care? At Bradbury House, we pride ourselves in providing the highest quality of care for adults with diverse and complex needs.
We are a residential care provider with homes in the Bristol, Weston-Super-Mare, and Somerset areas. Additionally, we have a residential working farm location in Wells with 240 acres of beautiful countryside with multiple residential homes that also have opportunies for Support Workers, Team Leaders and Deputy Managers.
Vacancies include full-time or part-time roles; flexible working options are available including sleep-ins & weekends on a rota basis.
• To actively support and assist our Service Users in daily life, to accomplish the tasks of everyday living and encourage independence.
• To build, monitor, and maintain good personal relationships with our Service Users, ensuring their physical and emotional needs are met in accordance with agreed care plans.
• To provide an emotionally secure, consistent, caring, warm, supportive, homely environment appropriate to the needs of our Service Users
• To supervise and be involved in social and fun activities with our service users, both inside our homes and outdoors.
• To contribute towards planning of arrangements within similar support worker roles, to ensure smooth running of our homes.
• To ensure that all Service Users are protected under the Safeguarding of Adult’s policies and procedures.
• To assist in the maintenance of the requirements of the home’s regulations and relevant legislation, Health and Safety, Control of substances hazardous to health regulations and fire regulations.
• To contribute towards the maintenance of cleanliness within the home.
• To assist in general administration of the service, including Service User day diaries, communication books and incident forms.
• To undertake appropriate training when required, working to develop personal skills and implement your training into your role.
• To maintain effective communication at all levels between our service users, support workers, team leaders and managers.
• Must have a committed, enthusiastic and a positive can-do attitude
• Work well as part of a team, and can use own initiative for lone work
• Good understanding of both written and spoken English
• Have a caring nature and like having fun!
• NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care (preferred but not essential)
• Full Driving License is essential (due to location)