The Bradbury House Organisation is committed to staff training. We recognise that the investment in our staff has resulted in the high quality of care we currently deliver and continues to improve our standards into the future.
In acknowledgment of the importance of training, Bradbury House has its own training department, headed up by Kate Johnson – Training manager. She also has the continuing support of Phil Kilburn, Operations Manager, who has a keen interest in the development of staff having previously held the role of Training Manager. Phil continues to deliver training sessions alongside Kate.
Kate has vast experience in the care industry having over 25yrs experience in the care sector, working across a wide range of services. Kate also spent 5 yrs working for a local Further Education College, teaching across a wide range of Health & Social Care courses; it was here that Kate gained her Cert Ed qualification.
Kate’s impressive lists of qualifications include;
- NVQ 4,
- Cert Ed
- A1 Assessors Award,
- V1 Verifiers Award
- Kate is also an accredited NAPPI trainer.
Phil has vast experience in the care industry particularly the management of care establishments. His previous experiences with Bradbury House include setting up and managing the care homes ‘The Old Rectory’ and Cypress Lodge.
Phil’s impressive list of qualifications include;
- NVQ 4,
- A1 Assessors Award,
- Professional Trainers certificate (CHIEF),
- City & Guilds Certificate in Community Mental Health
Phil is also an accredited NAPPI trainer.
In House Training
Improving the care available to our service users is at the heart of all our training. Each of our homes has an annual programme of training events developed to meet the specific needs of the service users at each home.
Bradbury House provides in house training for all members of its team. The range of training provided includes;
- Care Certificate
- Physical Intervention Training (this meets the BILD code of practice)
- Safeguarding Adults Training
- Autism Awareness Training
- Mental Capacity & DOLS training
- Epilepsy Awareness Training
- Mental Health Awareness in Learning Disabilities
- Personal & Organisational Stress Management (team focused approach)
- Management & Health & Safety training are also provided.
Bradbury House also enlists the support of external specialists for in-depth training when the need is identified.
Can we support you?
Bradbury House is pleased to offer training for other care organisations delivered on your site, in the following subject areas:
- Challenging Behaviour – one or two day course depending on your needs
- Safeguarding Adults Training – half day course
- Autism Awareness Training – half day course
- Mental Health Awareness in Learning Disabilities Training – one day course.
Please feel free to contact us with any inquires about the above training or any training issues you may have. We may be able to provide the training support you need, and because we use this training too; we know it’s relevant and appropriate.
Contact Phil or Kate on; (01275) 331258.